The end of a marriage is certain to be a difficult time. You may experience some financial and emotional challenges during this time. Being able for two people always to agree on everything can be problematic in a marriage. If your marriage is going badly and you think that divorce may be your best option, it's ideal to know the right type to select
If one of the spouses wants to end the marriage and the other one doesn't, you may need to consider getting a contested divorce. This is one of the most complex ways to end your marriage but is necessary for this situation. Studies indicate the cost of a contested divorce is $15,000-$30,000.
The disadvantages of this type of divorce are listed below:
1. High legal fees – You will likely require an attorney to help you through this lengthy divorce process.
2. Publicity – Your divorce will be made public for others to see through court records.
3. Court appearance – It's possible you may be required to go to court on a specific date.
One of the least stressful types of divorce to obtain is the uncontested divorce. However, in order to qualify for this one, you and your spouse must jointly agree that the marriage is over.
The benefits of an uncontested divorce include not having to make a lengthy court appearance, paying lower legal fees and ending the marriage quickly.
Being able to prove your spouse was the cause of your marriage ending is ideal for an at-fault divorce. You will need to have the proof to provide to the court and some of the most common reasons this divorce type is selected are listed below:
1. Adultery – Having sexual intercourse with a person outside of the marriage is considered to be the fault of the spouse that did so.
2. Incarceration - If your spouse is forced to serve time in jail, you can file for this divorce.
3. Abuse – Being physically abused by your spouse can be proven in a court of law.
It's ideal to be prepared in advance for your pending divorce by knowing the one that will work best for you individual situation. Be sure to rely on the expertise of a divorce attorney, like those at Blumenauer Hackworth, who can assist you with this difficult time and provide you with the best possible legal advice.Share